Faulty battery !!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

modi
My Cars:

Faulty battery !!

Post by modi »

Hi, after parking my xantia over the night, this morning the bttery struggled to work and alarm went off[:(], just wondering how can i switch the alarm completely off[B)]?? and any itdea what kind of battery do i have to buy to replace it..thanks a lot
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Modi, some Xantia have a key operated switch under the bonnet for the alarm. Passenger side up against the bulkhead or below the battery tray I understand.
As for battery replacement, the best you can afford really. 3 year warranty batteries can be a good buy.
There is an occasional fault with some of the diesels in that the negative lead which connects to the engine via a terminal near the clutch lever on the gearbox is just a simple crimp connection and this results in a dry and very bad connection. It fails under heavy starting load and reduces the charge voltage to give the symptoms of a failing battery.
If you can, check the voltage at the terminals of the battery with the engine running and you are looking for better than 13.8 volts and upto 14.2. By checking at the alternator terminals you can tell if a voltage drop is occuring. If so it's the battery leads or an earthing connection. If all checks out then it is probably the battery but any good battery centre will test it first anyway.
Best wishes, Robin
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

modi to turn the alarm of on your car you need to look on the black plastic at the front bulkead behind the engine (around where the windscreen wipers are) on the right hand side of the engine bay (facing the car). There is a key slot there (covered by a black plastic pull off cover (the same sort of cover you would have on your washer bottle but not as large)
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Do you mean the car battery or the plip battery.
Dave
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Ooops, Dave. That's a point![:I]