stupid french sidelight design

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kid
My Cars:

stupid french sidelight design

Post by kid »

Just spend 3 hours changing the sidelight on the driver’s side. Ok the passenger side takes 5 mins max, the driver’s side well how stupid to whack the dryer bottle (or whatever it is) smack bang in the middle of the way.
Even with the dryer slightly out of the away still no room, takes 30mins to scrap my fingers and then have the light out.
Now the pin on the full beam is lost cant find it, why is it lost because you need to take it out to make any room, and then putting it back on it another fiddly job, also the back cover, well there no room for it to come out.
And whereas the dip beams yes you’ve guessed right on the outside, im dreading the day this fails on the driver side.
Ok i accept when the xantia was first built not many came with ac, but to place the dryer in the worst possible location smacks of stupidity, and any way from them to make a quick bob.
Now anyone know where i can buy a clip for the light to keep it in place?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Bring it to me,i`ll change the bulbs![:D]Just replaced both headlamp & sidelight bulbs before xmas.5 mins to do the whole lot[8D].
Although when i got the car i lost just about everything you can lose trying to change drivers side bulb.And yes,i have a/c.
Try a breakers for the clip.A quick look around should find one for "free"[}:)].
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

Bring it to me,i`ll change the bulbs![:D]Just replaced both headlamp & sidelight bulbs before xmas.5 mins to do the whole lot[8D].
[}:)].
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
your on, ill remember for next time[;)]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

No probs,if your anywher Bristol,M4/5.[:)]
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I don't remember a pin when I've changed side light bulbs. My headlights had a captive springy wire clip thing holding the main beam bulb in.
Admitadly the access isn't good on the drivers side I've got aircon and a ECU in the way but I've never had a great problem. Doing it in the dark is no more difficult since you can't see in during daylight.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Is that on the car pictured in your sig?
If so you may be in for a shock when you get your hands on a facelifted model.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Yep Homer,on that car.
Dont say that facelifts have even less room![}:)][:(!][:o)][:(][:D]
I thought mine was bad.