Xsara Remote receiver location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chas

Xsara Remote receiver location

Post by Chas »

Can anyone advise where on a Zsara the remote (RF type) receiver is located? - Asked my local dealer and they did not seem to know!! - Also does anyone know where I can get a decent wiring diagram - The HAYNES book refers to dealer.
Thanks
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Silly as this eems I think it's like the ZX and hidden behind the interior light (front one). Same on the Reno Megane Convertable. Try looking for a zx diagram. They are the same car after all.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

it depends on the year of the car,non multiplex models its the CPH unit that receves the signal,its located (assuming this is a right hand drive)just to the right hand side of the steering column,its a black box with two plugs on it (yellow & black).the CPH also controls the deadlocking,interior lighting & the transponder imobiliser.
if its an early multiplex model then its the BSI that receves the RF signal,if its a later multiplex model its the idicator & wiper switch assembly that receves it.
is only usually IR plips that have the recevers in the roof at the interior mirror as they need line of sight to operate,RF ones can be hidden out the way.