newbie mail - so don't get upset please;-)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ashewan
My Cars:

newbie mail - so don't get upset please;-)

Post by ashewan »

Car is a 2001 Y reg Citoen Saxo 1.1i 3 door.
Checked the disc pads and they are worn so I thought I would replace them (a first time replace). Is there a manual I can buy to cover this model? Haynes have one for models up to 2001 but not with the smoothy roundy headlights which my car has. Anybody know if this one will do at least for brakes.
I took the pads out on one side to make sure I ordered the correct ones. At the top of the pad, sitting between the top pad lug and the caliper is a thin L shaped piece of metal with two holes at either end. One hole had a split pin in it the other didn't. Is that the way it should be? Now I didn't get a chance to take off the other front wheel to check if this was the case (I should have I know but...).
I'll find out next weekend when I'll change the pads on both sides but in the meantime.....
Regards
Andrew
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

Hello Andrew
Welcome to the forum. Prepare to give up all thoughts of career advancement, relationships or other pursuits while you goof off to Andyspares to see what everyone else is up to.
As far as split pins go - when I did my mate's Xantia, the L-shaped bar only had one split pin in it too. It seems to work, whether is is meant to be like that is another question. But if you are worried, just pop another pin into the empty hole
Don't worry about the signature, just making a point about cycling...
Oscar
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Most 'branded' pads like Bendix will have an instruction sheet inside the box.
ashewan
My Cars:

Post by ashewan »

Re my newbie mail....new pads blah blah blah.
Thanks for the replies, BOTH! were very useful;-)
I bought some pads from EBC and the box contained a very nice and accurate diagram of disc assembly and it showed one split pin, or 'sliding key retaining clip' as they call it.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Only one pin is necessary as there's a lump of metal that prevents it going the other way!
Clean it carefully with a file or something before replacing it otherwise you'll never get it out again as it isn't the easiest thing to grip!
jeremy