Zsara Remote locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chas

Zsara Remote locking

Post by Chas »

Anyone come accross this before?
I have a Zsara (2000 W)Mk1 with RF Remote locking. The Locking works fine with the key but is intermittent with the Plip. The Plip has been checked out by my local Citroen dealer as OK.(sending a signal, but is the signal corrupt? The weird thing is that the intermittent nature of the fault gets worse 12-24 hours after the car is not used - sometimes requiring up to 40 presses of the Plip unlock button. Start the car and drive a mile or so and the remote works every time. Logic tells me its the RF receiver in the car - Citroen dealer appears way out of his depth. A new remote is £70 and the receiver is £120
Any ideas??
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

If you have 2 plip keys do they both behave the same?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Have simalr problem on my VTR. Dealer says fine. Have noticed that it's due to the rubber unlock /lock buttons. They seem worn and don't always press against the internal curcuit board. You can by the whole remote in kit form form the dealer and the button are about £16. You could aways go for anew battery in the plip. This kind of speeded up my problem. Can now open the car from 20 feet.
Chas

Post by Chas »

Only have a single Plip - I did suspect that orginally (it may still be the problem), however earlier today - and wait for this, whilst the remote was in intermittent 'mode' - (4-40 depresses to unlock the car)the car was taken for short trip to the shops, with the Plip remaing in the house. Upon return the plip was tried - 100% working everytime. So somthing in the car is deteriating over a period of hours? Oh - new battery in the Plip