Xantia K&N filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Xantia K&N filter

Post by paranoid »

This may be one for Jon,
I want a K&N filter for my 97 td xant I was wondering is it the same as the 306 td one as I have been told the part numbers are the same.
I know it sounds very boy racer but it's not really, I had one on my old rover and was very immpressed with the durability of it, being able to wash etc.
Plus the induction noise used to make me giggle[:D][:D]
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Got one in my V6, induction noise is ogasmic!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

assuming you just want the flat panel replacement then the K+N number i have is; 33-2539
I was once told the correct one is 33-2031 which is for a Nissan of some sort
The one i have is a direct replacement for a standard BX one which i believe is the same as the early ('94) Xantia, though im not so sure about the later ones. Being a diesel you wont notice much change in 'induction' noise nor exhaust note, but you should notice a smoother power band which wont decay so fast over time. I love the K+N and wouldn't want it any other way, but it did take a long time to find one on ebay :D
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Are they any good? been thinking about one for the Xsara, big cylinder type one. Put off by the boy racer asspect though. I was just after some slightly better MPG returns on long runs.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I put a pipercross onto my rover about 7 years ago purely as an experiment and was very impressed sadly it got damaged and changed to K&N which worked a treat, the sound was orgasmic when accelerating but silent at any other time, and the car was a lot smoother over the whole rev range definately more responsive, my father had an identical car at the time so I was able to do back to back tests, never tired one on a diesel but I fancy one because I got used to washing it regularly
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

I know the part K&N part no for the activa is 33-2539 but does anyone here know how easy they are to fit. I have never tried home maintinence before so I figure now I own a xantia I might as well learn and this seems to be an easy introduction.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Undo the screws lift up the top of the filter, pull one out put the other one in, that easy just take your time and have a good look around first.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

thanks I thought it was that easy but with french cars well? Now all I have to do is find one and buy it
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Searching around GSF aren't the cheapest but there is only a couple of pound in it, You can rely on the service too.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

cheers for that so if I spend the cash then I should see a benifit in fuel efficency and performance. sounds good to me (not that I am a boy racer I just like baiting them)
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I`ve been thinking of getting one,as its 6k mile changes on the Xantia.I know there only a few £,but i`ve proberly changed so many that i should have got a K&N in the 1st place.Also,being a plant driver on sites in the dry weather,or summer,within about 2k miles the filter is dirty & dusty.So a washable K&N would be better.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I'm not convinced. If I can see through a K&N's mesh (And I can) then it will pass bigger particles into the engine than the standard filter. MPG? maybe. MPE? definitely NOT.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

This is why I want another one, used to wash mine every 5000 miles when I changed the oil and the crud that was washed out was amazing.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Err Tom whats MPE, sorry to sound thick[:)]
With the first pipercross it had two or three types of foam that were layered, The K + N material used to swell when oiled but I see where your coming from.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Miles Per Engine.