XM locks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

splez4
My Cars:

XM locks

Post by splez4 »

my Nreg 2.1td driver side lock has stoped working, none of the other locks have worked since i baught the car, the plipper has never workedso now i cant lock the car,i used to be able to lock and dead lock it by pushing the key in and turning but that wont work any more,the plipper light is working, i looked in the roof light console but there is no reciever in it like on my series 1 i tried my s1 reciever and keyplip as the wiring is there bu nothing, i know they both work /thats the only way i can get into my s1 any help would be most welcome,,,,,terry
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

The locks on the XM are of known poor quality. It is possible to refurbish them, but its a mucky and picky business and only puts off a complete replacement which is finally inevitable. A set of replacement locks from Citroën is not that expensive.
The remote on the Series 2 is radio while the Series 1 is infrared, so they dont communicate at all. I'm not sure where the radio receiver is physically, but its not in the roof panel. I assume you have tried replacing the batteries in the remote?
//NiSk