Lemon Flavoured AX Water Temp Lamp

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Lemon Flavoured AX Water Temp Lamp

Post by martyhopkirk »

My lovely lemon flavoured AX (which I have already stopped locking the doors on) has popped its water temprature warning lamp.
At some point its bound to pop its Head Gasket (HG) and I would like some forwarning of this. Frankly the effort involved in removing the dash to get at the instrument binnacle to replace one little bulb is too much.
Anyone know where the wires are / what colour they are to fit an auxillairy lamp elsewhere on the dash. The Haynes BOL is surprisingly sparse on the subject.
Anyone got any thoughts on this matter?????
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Good idea about the aux light. The sensor itself will have varying resistances at different temperatures, and it wouldn't take much to use a multimeter ( if you can't get the specs ) to figure out roughly where you want to be.
Of course, you'd need to find out where the circuit is to light the bulb in given circumstances. Might be just as well to chop the cables at the sensor, and rig your own stuff up from here.
How about linking the calculated output to the "water in diesel fuel" sensor, so when that light comes on, you know you'll stop through lack of fuel, or it's time to get the teabags out !
Eg: Sensor -> Your circuit -> Wires for water sensor.
Personally, I would go to a camping shop, and get one of those whistles that they put on a kettle !
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

Yes I've got a thought. I think you should buy my distinctly un-lemony ZX and put your AX out of its misery [:)]
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=11728
Make me an offer - I want it to go to a good home.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Or you could make me an offer for my AX 1.5D ( taxed )
Changing the rear subframe this weekend for the impending MOT.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Or I have a lovely '88 Golf TD: It's only about 85%rot and I'm sure the master cylinder wouldn't take long to replace........
It was given to me and I thought it a good idea to get through the MoT and make a couple of quid. Mr. MoT man said it needed no welding, just some fettling, electrics and 2 rear shocks. Got it through £200 later, put it up for sale at £365 and absolutely nobody wants it. It's a nice and shiny cheap 5 door car with full MoT and really reliable, I thought it would fly away. What a Boll@ck drop.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Think with my finances the way they are i am stuffed to keep the AX. Though bought a plack-90 to keep me mobile for £80 inc MOT.
It runs (for now) though the rumbling from the CV is getting worse, I live in hope of one of my patients taking it for a little spin.....
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

My lovely lemon flavoured AX (which I have already stopped locking the doors on)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Marty
You did mean 'locking', not 'licking'? [:D]
Wish my ZX was vanilla flavour.......[;)]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Wish my CX was mint...