CX bits at GSF

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

CX bits at GSF

Post by tomsheppard »

The catalogue shows a few bits but I am having trouble sourcing the great cylindrical air filter cartridge. If you are around Jon, could you please suggest any viable numbers / equivalents for me to try? CX 2500 TRD Turbo '85 model year. Thanks.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Tom, forgive me for mentioning this but I've always found halfords to have the cylindrical cartridge in stock, it mus cross reference with something common because they never have anything else.
Worth a try if your in a hurry.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thank You Sir! I'll try them tomorrow!
I've sorted the visibility problem; Rain-x.
I was sceptical but it is a potion I can thoroughly reccommend.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Don't know how you poor buggers over there manage with that cold/rain all the time.
2days ago here it was about 34degreesC (like most days in summer) until this nice cold change come through in the evening. Switched off the air conditioner and opened the windows. Woke up in the morning, closed all the windows and switched on the Central heating. It's the biggest cold change in recorded history, we plummeted from 34degreesC to a top of NINE degreesC the following day. We have had so much rain the neighbours tree with 3big trunks became waterlogged and split three ways at 4:00am this morning. The first trunk fell across the road, the second across our drive (taking out the cable and phone lines, luckily leaving the power intact) the 3rd trunk fell across the neighbours yard nudging there house (luckily no-one was hurt).
I do a mad sprint for the CX turbo, it's hurtling down the drive in a heartbeat with it's highbeam and hazard lights on where I park it in the middle of the road lighting up the fallan tree. Then I jump in the Xantia and do the same trick the other side of the tree .... I was out there for nearly 2hours with the cars idling in the middle of the road lighting up the tree before the council finally turned up to attempt to clear it (they couldn't) and errect warning signs for the traffic.
Bloody rain, I really don't know how you guys live with it, I was wearing a full length oilskin coat and was still saturated within 5minutes from the rain running down my neck (grrr).
seeya,
Shane L.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

QH (WIX) part number for CX25TRD TD is WA6040, which is different from non turbo models.
I can only see it is also fitted to the Renault Traffic 2.2i P1400 J7T, from 3/89- .
"Eurofil" have the filter under the Traffic listed as Renault/Citroen no. 502545211, so looks hopefull, however the Purflux catalog shows the same fitment but lists it for CX20 and 22.
I would suggest having a look at the online Purlux catalog at www.purflux.com, as you can search by visual dimentions, as well as make/model. Good luck!
Jon

Post by Jon »

GSF do still stock the CX D/TD air filter 83>>, its N12259 .
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

OT Tom, but magazines arrived - thank you very much (posted a bit more on the original thread).
Marty
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thanks All!