dt volcane inj pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stubbsy

dt volcane inj pump

Post by stubbsy »

hi newbee here hope someone can help.zx volcane dtwith lucas pump.have been experimenting with the max fuel and boost comp over the past couple of weeks now. wow what a difference, anyway today was gonna have a go at increasing the max fuel setting again.removed plastic bung,put in gear and rocked. BUT THE INTERNAL JOURNAL WHERE THE ALLEN KEY ADJUST IS WONT SPIN WITH THE ENGINE.any ideas?please dont tell me the pump is knackered!!
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

You'll need a mirror and again rock the engine in 4th gear and look through the hole of about 6/8mm diameter and carefully look for a small socket screw rotate into position. The metal body you see when you remove the plastic plug does'nt move.
Be warned !!! do not use a allen key with a ball end or you'll snap it off inside the pump. These screws are very tight, best to adjust about 10 degrees clockwise at a time till you get the results your looking for. You'll need a 3mm key.
stubbsy

Post by stubbsy »

god thats rite.DOH!finding it hard to get it just rite.a wee tad of smoke under 2k ,well lots actually.rear of car is stinking!as for boost com, when 1.5 to2.5 turns does that mean from the standard setting or do you screw it in and turn out 1.5/2.5 turns?
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

The boost setting on the pump should be done from standard settings and should be turned starting at 1.5 times not in then out and then approx. half a turn at at time. Best to do in various stages watch the amount of smoke produced.