ZX 16v MPG

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DarkendViper

ZX 16v MPG

Post by DarkendViper »

Hi all,
I'm currently running a 2.0i ZX Volcane. I'm looking for a ZX 16v but speaking to a few people they say that they can't get more than 25mpg from it. I get 300-350 miles from £35 quids worth of fuel in my 2.0i. Will there be much difference in the two?
Also could anyone give a quick list of what to check on a 16v. I know about the general ZX suspension bits but the 16v ebgine need any special looking at?
Thanks for any info.
Ste
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I would get 310-320 miles out of a full tank which was about £39. Most of my driving was around the town or thrashing down lanes. On the motorway its a lot better and I think the book figure for it at 56mpg is actually higher than the 8v
The thing that always goes wrong in the 16v bay is the acav vacummn valves. Luckily i made a picture earlier. http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~visa/pi ... engine.jpg look at the yellow arrows. They are two valves operated by a vacumn system which opens up the inner tracks of the inlet manifold and they break quite often or pipes split etc. Only £40 from citroen but a barganining point. It will be quite slow if they dont work. To check, manually rev it when looking at them and they should move and lift their bars upwards. You will see when looking :)
Back to fuel. I did one whole tank where I drove it like an old fart, never flooring it or going over 3000 and I got 330 miles. So I went back to driving it how it was designed to be, ie thrashed down the country lanes every day, 310-320 miles. Extra £2 or it cost me was worth it for the fun!