New Car

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

New Car

Post by dillosk8ter »

Hi everyone, after five years of loyal service my dad's 1993 309 style diesel is being retired from the family fleet. Clocked up fair few miles and taken a considerable beating during this time also. So he's in the market for something newer {r/s reg onwards}, diesel either small family or large family sized. he's not sure what he wants.....I suggested Xantia or late ZX {cause I've had one for last 5/6 years and its been great}. He's unsure about Xantia, put off by suspension and poss huge bills and problems.....yet was interested in Vectra which has one of the worst reliability records in recent years and judging from local cars the beginning of a rust problem. Think he really fancies old shape Mondeo diesel...but I know that old Ford diesels are pretty awful. He's just looked at old shape SEAT Toledo Tdi on an R, lowish miles, fake history (from different 'S' reg car!!!!), duff turbo, duff radio, interior and exhaust......the price.......£2000!!!! What cars would you recommed he consider?
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

skoda octavia is a good motor if you have 5 grand to spare
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I was put off with the Xantia at first because of the same reasons.But my Dad had a brand new TD est company car,had it for 5 yrs,155k miles.Apart from general sevicing,had no probs.I`ve had no major probs with mine,& would recomend one to anybody.Should be able to get a good one on a R/S reg for good money.Alot of car really.
My wife had a N reg Mondeo TD,mk1.Very nice(Ghia),but the engine was worse than the plant i drive.Very on/off with the turbo,noisey & unrefind.
Vectra,you either love `em or hate them.Read ANY car mag to see the results(not good if you`ve brought one!)
How about a Pug 406?Lots to choose from.Same Pug/Cit engines etc,but "normal" suspension.
Rover 200/400?[:)][:I]I`ve had 2 200`s.A 1.8 petrol,& a TD.I liked them,never had any probs,again,loads to choose from.
Could go on all night!ZZZZZZZZZZZZ....................[:)][:D]
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Thanks guys. Octavia and Rover diesels would be good idea. Don't think he's keen on 406 though and 306, you may as well buy ZX or Xsara for alot less. In process of fitting CD player to my ZX at mo...but been sold a broken faceplate, Grrrr!!!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

whats the budget?