C5 Rear Tyre Wear

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bbrucez
My Cars:

C5 Rear Tyre Wear

Post by bbrucez »

My expensive Michelin Pilot Primacys have worn badly on the outsides and even though I swapped back to front the MOT tester decided the tread was lifting so failed them. The insides are less than half worn!
I read somewhere that holes were drilled incorrectly in some cases. Is it worth complaining to Citroen now its out of warranty or will I be wasting a stamp?
I posted the following in For Sale & Wanted:
Anyone got a set for sale?
Anything considered - even recall rejects.
Thanks
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Has the rear axle been changed? Early C5's had problems with rear tyre wear caused by rear axle wear / bad manufacture (can't remember which or if it was both). Changed at Citroen's expense - I'd suspect you could get yours done if it hasn't been yet.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Sure is the rear axle!
The axle has sometimes - as in your case - maufacturing defects, which are only solved with a NEW axle.
Your C5 should have been called back for a change...Go to the dealer, Citroën pays it this time[:D]
hswift
My Cars:

Post by hswift »

A known problem, but don't think it's ever been the subject of a recall. The owner has to hound the dealer to get something done. My rear axle was changed at just over two years and 40k miles.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

No,i dont think it was an offical recall.I can remember quite alot of press on the subject.Car Mechanics mag had a special artical on it.Bad rear tyre wear,& poor handling & ride.
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

Thanks chaps.
It's not been done - just had weights on the spheres.
I've been waiting for a reply from Citroen for 2 weeks since their acknowledgement. I'll badger them and the dealer if necessary.
i'm quite happy with the handling and ride but used to have a BX estate before.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi,
Have a look at this website :- http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp It should tell you of all recalls on all cars
Paul