Replacing oil filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simonelsey
My Cars:

Replacing oil filter

Post by simonelsey »

Has any one changed the oil filter on xsara hdi , I can just about get my hand to it , Any good ideas or suggestion to getting to it . Seems moving coolant header tank may be a option . Never worked on a car where everthing is so tighthly packed into the engine bay.
Cheers all
Simon
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Get used to it[:D][:D]
SORRY
Cars really are getting tighter and because of this dealers can charge more for simple jobs, because diy people are being put off,
persevere and you will crack it. Probably easier to move tank than rip arms to bits.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Visit your local GSF and purchase a 'Purflux' oil filter removal tool. It fits over the filter and locks onto the ridges built into Purflux filters.
I've got just about every type of oil filter removal tool, but when I need to gain access to a filter in a tightly packed engine bay this is always the tool of choice as it is so compact (provided of course that the filter being removed was made by Purflux!!).
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Thanks for replies , It does seems like a 5 minute job will be about 30 minutes . I suppose When I do it , I should be able to find the easiest way of doing it . So I will make sure I have a whole day free (to be on safe side)