XANTIA ALARM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crapday
My Cars:

XANTIA ALARM

Post by crapday »

Hi, my alarm is not working, never has, now the plip works (well it lights up when pressed), the receiver seems to be the problem. I was checking out the wiring today.
Five wires going in.
wire one ; earth
wire two ; ignition live
wire three, four and five not got a scooby.
I take it that one of they wires should be live all the time to give it power to receive the signals from the plip but don't know what one, can someone give me a diagram of the wiring to this. The haynes manual is not very clear or maybe I'm just thick.
thanx.
crapday
My Cars:

Post by crapday »

so no one can help me yhen
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

The roof mounted receiver contains 3 IR sensing devices on a PCB with an amplifier circuit.
I can't remember the number of the IC, but if you look it up on the web you should find the manufacturer's data sheet with an example circuit. The circuit in the car is almost an exact copy of this example.
That's all it is, no fancy code recognition stuff, that bit is handled by the alarm ecu or the central locking controller. I would expect to find a permanent live though, are all fuses OK?
Do you have a sunroof? has it leaked into the receiver?
A faulty plip is possible, just because the light comes on doesn't rule it out. Check for physical damage - a bunch of keys in your pocket is a harsh environment for a delicate device.
Philjw
My Cars:

Post by Philjw »

A long shot but have you tried disconnecting the power from the alarm, either at the battery or by pulling the fuse and reconnecting?
This will always bring mine to life but sadly only temporarily. Im guessing it is something to do with resetting the ECU.
Phil
crapday
My Cars:

Post by crapday »

I seem to have tried every thing but to no avail. When i was checking the wiring I noticed that only one was live when the ignition was on, i'll check out google for a wiring diagram.
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

Here's a 'chefs hint' for any infrared remote control that you are unsure about. Use a digital camera or camcorder and point the controller at the lens - now when you press the button(s) you'll see, on the cameras viewing screen, the devices IR transmitter flashing (assuming its working).