Air inlet gasket needed?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mipster
My Cars:

Air inlet gasket needed?

Post by mipster »

I noticed yesterday that the metal part that bolts onto the inlet manifold and has the pipe from the intercooler connected to it was loose. I dismantaled and refitted it tight but should it have a gasket? has it got a name?
I've wondered for a while if I've been losing performance but put it down to age (mine and the cars :) ), needless to say It;s much better now.
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

Assuming you are talking about the XUD9TE in a Xantia and I have the right manifold in mind then this page:
http://www.elcats.ru/peugeot/detail.asp ... 1%2014N18A
suggests that the answer depends on the vintage. Early ones had no gasket. Later ones, with a bracket, had a seal. That's actually the page for an 806, but so far as I can tell the inlet manifolds are the same.
Has anyone found a parts catalogue for citroen vehicles online yet? Would be handy... I suppose I could buy one of these CDs and put that online, but I suspect you need to have a server in Russia to avoid getting told to take it down (russian copyright law is highly pro-consumer - which is why they can have sites like allofmp3.com which sells music by the megabyte - it's marvellous; and presumably the above parts catalogue).
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My '97 Xantia had no gasket and was leaking, so I removed it, cleaned it and used bathroom silicone "instant gasket" to make up the joint, that was over a year ago and I've not had any leakage since.
According to the parts catalogue, there is a gasket but neither the 3 'local' citroen dealers or 2 local Peugeot dealers had them in stock, so I went the bathroom silicone route.
mipster
My Cars:

Post by mipster »

That's the one (with bracket.
There was no sign of the gasket, probably why it was loose, but since the early version didn't have one I dob't think I'll bother.
Many Thanks
mipster