Remote Central Locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

blueagle78
My Cars:

Remote Central Locking

Post by blueagle78 »

Just a quick question guys? I've just bought my first Pug 306 and the remote central locking key flip is broken! I'm just wondering how much its going to cost if I get it sorted?
It definitely needs a new remote central locking key unless the black bit which has the button can be fixed somehow!
Haji

Post by Haji »

blueagle78
My Cars:

Post by blueagle78 »

Thanks for the link Haji! But I'm wondering would I be able to replace it myself and should it work without Peugeot garage doing anything on it?
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

The plips are just cliped together & the key blade is held in with a small screw.
Just swop the whole PCB assy over.
Make sure you get the correct plip case for the car infra red or RF
If you have the transponder imobiliser make sure you swop the small black chip over too.
If you have a working plip & are just swopping the plip cases there is no problem with it not working afterwards.
blueagle78
My Cars:

Post by blueagle78 »

I've got an M reg XTDT 306. Do you know which one I need?
Believe me I don't know much about cars! I don't know if the one I've got works because I just bought the car last week.
If I just buy the casing from ebay (Haji has given us the link) and just replace it with the one that's on my key should it work?
Also it might be interesting to know that I've to use a different key to lock or unlock the car but I use the original key to start up the car.
Haji

Post by Haji »

email the ebay seller and he should tell you if it fits the phase 1 key, im sure it should fit because i bought 1 a few weeks ago and it was the same 1 that is being sold on ebay
chriswales6

Post by chriswales6 »

Anything to do with the remote locking isn’t going to be a quick answer, I’ve had a few issues with the two button transponder chip IR key on my 98 car.
As far as I’m aware there are four different types of remote keys.
One button IR (no dead-locking looking, keypad immobiliser)
Two button IR (dead-locking, keypad immobiliser)
Two button IR with immobiliser chip
And final the radio one of the latest cars
It is important that you get the right one for your car, it sounds like you have the second one, deadlocking with the keypad.
If you point the key at a digital camera, camera phone or a video camera (basically anything with a screen) and press the button, if it’s working you will see a flash on the screen. If it’s not working, try taking it apart and check it again, the buttons become flattered use. If it works without the case then you will just need a new case.
A new case is a generally anything up to ten pounds from Ebay or a dealer.
Second hand keys start at around ten pounds from Ebay, a new key off a dealer is anything from 50 pounds up.
Once you have a working key here is the reprogramming procedure: (which I have done a number of times)

Get in the car, close all the doors but don’t lock them.
Put your spare key into the ignition and turn it to the first position.
Hold the key your programming up to the IR receiver in the roof (the big black plastic thing) it works like a TV remote and needs to be in-line-of-sight.
Press the big button about 20 times, then take the key out of the ignition. Cross your fingers and try the button on the key.
If you have a compatible key which is working correctly then you only need one key to open the car and start the engine.
Good luck
Chris
blueagle78
My Cars:

Post by blueagle78 »

Thanks Chriswales6! I'll definitely try testing the key today or tomorrow!
Both big and small black buttons on my remote key are broken so I'll have to open up the casing to test whether it works or not! If it works then I think I'll be able to buy the casing from ebay for around £8 but if it doesn't then I'll have to invest a bit more!
Your programming procedure is crystal clear an I hope I won't have to do this (only if the key works with new casing) :-)
Brilec
My Cars:

Post by Brilec »

Curious. My 93 306 dt has the two button deadlocking plip, but there is no sign of any keypad in the car.