xantia immobiliser problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrjazon

xantia immobiliser problems

Post by mrjazon »

hi guys ive got a n reg xantia the problem being it wont start both red and green lights are on with key in the ignition,ive tried everything checked fuses plugs left and right side headlamp loom plugs all ok but i can not get the light to go just red so i can enter the code ive taken both ecu and key pad to another xantia and tried them in an identical car and heypresto it lets me put my code in and starts is there any way i could unlock the ecu in the dona car and then put in back in my car and do away with the immobiliser side of things i tried it put the code in the on the dona car then unplugged the keypad took out the ecu put it back in my car and nothing would not start plugged my key pad back in and the dredded red and green lights were still on,do i have to keep power to the ecu after i diconnect it from the dona car if so how?or is there another way to do it im stumped please help thanks
ive just spent another day messing about and still no luck[:(!]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Mail me and I may be able to help, Was given advice by someone else on this forum.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Just a quick question, Have you checked the fuel shut off safety switch under the bonnet?
If this trips you will get both keypad lights on & be unable to enter a code.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Perhaps this company can be of assistance to you :-
http://www.codeman.org/index.html
They do mail order work, and I don't know where you are in the U.K. but maybe they are near to you.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Mrjazon can you let me know if you get the e-mails please, I'm getting some wierd reply things back.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

So there is nothing wrong with the ECU or keypad, if its a diesel there is a dollop of immobiliser electronics on the injection pump, if this goes down its a pump off job to replace it.
Dave
mrjazon

Post by mrjazon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Burns</i>

So there is nothing wrong with the ECU or keypad, if its a diesel there is a dollop of immobiliser electronics on the injection pump, if this goes down its a pump off job to replace it.
Dave
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">its a petrol 1.8 16v
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

sounds like there is a missing feed or earth at the ECU to me,try removing the gearbox earths & cleaning first,if its still the same then you'll need to start checking feeds going to the ECU.
mrjazon

Post by mrjazon »

thanks wheeler i did have some work done a while back (engine rebuild)could have somthing to do with it you never know ill give it a try and post back my results
mrjazon

Post by mrjazon »

was wondering if i plugged in my ecu in another Citroen (my friends)same model and my keypad then put the code in get a solid green light start up the car unplug the keypad turned off ignition took out my ecu and then plugged it back in my car would that solve my problem would i then be able to start my car if i leave the keypad plug off (would this unlock my ecu)or does it need a power supply to stay unlocked,also would harm my friends car hes a bit reluctant to try