Saab

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ghostrider
My Cars:

Saab

Post by ghostrider »

no its OK I'm not going over to Saab, although they seem to engender the same feelings of loyalty that Cits do, certainly amongst the older variants. Anyway, does anyone know of a similar forum to this for Saabs especially the 900/9000 series? I've tried the owners club website but the forum is only available for viewing and the last post was August 04 [:0][:0]. A very good friend of ours is as nuts about them as we are about Cits, She has an injection/ ignition problem that our local garage has not managed to fix, but I suspect some of the enthusiasts might be able to point her in the right direction.
Meanwhile I've lent her my Xantia, so maybe she'll swop to Cits and solve the problem that way[;)][;)][;)][;)]
Pete
________
GLASS BUBBLERS
Last edited by ghostrider on 25 Feb 2011, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
beezer

Post by beezer »

There is a Saab section of this forum but it does not have the traffic of the French section. Last post appears to have been September. Maybe they are fair weather posters...
http://www.gsfcarparts.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>

There is a Saab section of this forum but it does not have the traffic of the French section. Last post appears to have been September. Maybe they are fair weather posters...
http://www.gsfcarparts.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yeah it's a pity that the other sections of the forum are not utilised as much as the French section.
We are certainly more active here, and it makes for interesting reading with so many topics, and with members replying quickly, it's very useful. [:D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Or maybe its a warning to not buy french cars!!!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

Or maybe its a warning to not buy french cars!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, good point !
We are are an active group, but others might conclude our cars are less reliable.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

have sent you an e mail with some links
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I had a Saab 900 a few years back and when it was good it was brill but when it was bad it was a right B*****d!!!
I had some very strange electrical problems with it, which after some serious hunting I eventually tracked down to a bloody great earth stud near the bottom of the radiator on the R/H side of the engine bay. Most of the earth cables from the engine and injection/ignition etc went to it and 90% of them had rotted through. Remade them all off and it transformed the car[:)]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Electrical problems don't we just love them ! <font color="red"> NOT </font id="red"> [:D]
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

electrics bane of a citroen owners life.... i hate to think how much wire i have used over the years (oh top tip always use the same colour for everything it gives the next owner something to do one weekend as he tries to work out what is wired to what)
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Another one! I bought a big roll of red wire, maybe next time I shall choose white or black.
Stewart
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

actually i tend to use blue...a much more cheery colour ....especially when i ended up having to rewire both rear doors about fifteen blue wires criss crossing the car under seats round pillars looks lovely though might be a bit confusing for the next person i suppose
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I used to rewire 900s so I think I got to know all the gremlins by name including the migratory one that used to jump from place to place, but aside from that, they were the best wallet strippers on the road and (once you had fitted some extended bottom balljoints, Yokohama A008 tyres and a big intercooler,) they went like nothing else you've ever driven. I have many fond memories of incredibly fast dashes across Europe in a number of these charismatic and beautifully engineered cars.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My Dad used to like Saabs, he had a 99, a 900 and then later a 9000, they were the only cars he could afford that didn't rust.
The 99 snapped its timing chain, the 900 needed a new clutch (you could replace the clutch without separating the engine / gearbox) and the 9000 had a head gasket go. Aside from that, they were good cars, reliable and went on to do big milages.
I fancied getting a 9000 but with my milages being what they are it had to be a diesel.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes, nobody ever bought one because it was economical. 9000s now are very cheap though but if you can find one, the 900 is still satisfying to drive.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The old proper Saab 900 (i.e. not the Cavalier in fancy clothes GM ones) had dual wishbone front suspension.