1.9 diesel: Immobiliser or alarm problem?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

druist

1.9 diesel: Immobiliser or alarm problem?

Post by druist »

i have a xantia 1.9 diesel turbo. 1995. I recently misfuelled it, the battery then went flat. Re-charged it but then a red light keeps flashing and external left headlight flashes too.
This of course keeps re-draining the battery. My keyfob thing stopped working so i dont know if that could stop it - i cant see a keypad so i dont think its code related.
Any ideas?
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

the headlight flashes?do you mean the actual headlight or the dashlight for the headlights? dont think falt battery could cause the headlight to flash unless the relay is mullered.
then again i coudl be totally wrong but it seems two might not be related.
druist

Post by druist »

Yes i do mean the headlight flashes. I think it is the "alarm had been on" signal. But i havent a clue how to disable it, and it obviously keeps wearing the battery down.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Odd that only 1 headlamp flashes as both should. Oh well! The alarm is going off because the battery has been flattened. Turn the ignition on, then press the button on the fasica on the right of the steering wheel (with a picture of a siren crossed out on it) for a couple of seconds which should re-set the alarm, and all will be 'normal' again.
druist

Post by druist »

thanks Richard will give that a go.
stevieboy1
My Cars:

Post by stevieboy1 »

I think theres a key switch under the bonnet, passenger side just below the window screen, i think its got a rubber cap on it. i think i remember something about it the hand book but have never used it but my alarm don't work as i haven't got the blip.[:(!]
Steve
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

there is a key switch on the nearside front under the bonnet near the windscreen protected by a plastic cover.... but only the early xantia was fitted with it and i dont know when they removed it.... if you have got it you can turn the alarm of from there