HELP citroen 1.9 deisel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

druist

HELP citroen 1.9 deisel

Post by druist »

Recently i made the blunder of misfueling. During the time it was left standing the battery went flat. When i re-charged it a little flashing red light goes on, which i think doubles as the interior heat warning light (according to Haynes manual) AND the left exterior main light flashes on/off. When fully charged i can drive it and this goes off. No alarm sounds, trouble is this keeps re-draining the battery.
The key i have is damaged in terms of the circuit part which automaticaly locks the car, dont know if this is related.
Any ideas? thanks
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by druist</i>

AND the left exterior main light flashes on/off.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You mean the left HEADLIGHT ?
Then it is the alarm that is packing up.
Could well be related to the key. Often the alarm can be made to behave by flipping it on-off a couple of times.
Dont think you simply can remove the fuse for the alarm, as I dont think you can start the engine then.
druist

Post by druist »

yes i mean the left headlight
just my luck the keyfob has packed up too, agghh. 70 quid for a new one. Dont suppose there is a manual override - i dont care if the alarm is rendered useless?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Why not try remove the alarm fuse and take it from there ....
druist

Post by druist »

^Worth a try, but wont this affect other things?
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Is it even a Citroen alarm? I didnt think they where an option on the BX, but you havent said which vehicle it is. If its a Xantia then i'd say you can disable it with the key fob, or by pulling the relay out by the steering wheel, though this does stop the lights working if i remember!
So questions are;
Which car?
Is it a Citroen alarm?