5 litre purchase swizz

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Robin
My Cars:

5 litre purchase swizz

Post by Robin »

In another topic I asked what happens if you buy exactly 5 litres of fuel - well, I did and the answer is you get charged .5p more than value.
Pump registers exactly 5 litres but price at £0.809 is then £4.045 but pump shows £4.05 OK so the 'error' only happens once but being a pedantic sod where money is concerned why don't they just drop the decimal element of the price?
Passing thought.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

cos when your running a fleet of turcks and the fuel bill is for millions of litres then theres a rather large difference in cost between 80ppl and 81ppl! And it gives boring people something to do 'Oh look the Esso is only 80.8, i'll go there instead of the local shell at 80.9'
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Stealth robbery by the dark side of goverment, men in suits and buisness prehaps??????
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

If anyone remembers Superman III, Richard Pryor's lowly clerk character became fabulously wealthy overnight by stealing all the fractions of cents that his employers owed their employees. Aggregate half-pennies across all the transactions at all the pumps in the British Isles and that is a lot of money. Some interesting research lately has shown though that most consumers will turn bottles upside down to get the last bit of ketchup, switch off lights and computer screens, all to save money, yet won't change their mortgages to save thousands of pounds over the life of the mortgage. It seems that when the saving is immediate and visible we will do it, but when it is less tangible we won't.