xantia suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

xantia suspension

Post by born2die »

I have just tried to raise lower my activa when I go to max hieght the fronts are fine but the back seems to stick for a minuit then it gets going again but then when I go to drop it to low the back stays up but the front drops?[?]
Also from max to normall the front seems to stick with the nose well up in the air then it sudenlly drops?? and the rear seems to not want to get up for a least a minit.
any ideas gratefully recived
thanks
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

You appear to have sticking height correctors, you could try spraying them with WD40, which involves getting underneath the car. They are in the centre of each axle.
The other thing to consider is when was the LHM fluid changed and if it hasn't been done recently what is the fluid now like?
It may well be worth changing the LHM for a flushing agent called 'Hydraflush' for 1000 miles in order to clean out the system, then replace that with new LHM.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

just been out to look and realised that when I turn the car off it seems that the front stays up but the rear goes to its lowest setting ????. the system was apparently filled with new lhm just before i collected the car. most odd? also when I pump the car to max height then put the select lever to normal the car stays high but from maximum to mimnimum no problem it goes down nice and quick