xsara brake pads gsf

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drpau
My Cars:

xsara brake pads gsf

Post by drpau »

Ok fellas, sounds like I need some new brake pads ASAP(that horrid sound has just started!), Just looking on GSF and there are quite a few different ones, decided to check E.carParts to compare and they also have lots of different ones listed,some girling (Jurid and Textar) and some Bosch style(Jurid ATE and Textar)- so it sounds like there are two different fitments. Also gsf have listed BRAKE PAD SET-FR XSARA HDi HATCH(BOSCH) and another few but Im guessing these are the ones I want (car is a Xsara sx 99 HDi with abs (not abdominals [8D]), but if there are different pad shapes Im not so sure, I hope I havent waffled round the houses too much! Need to get them today at about 12 so quick replies would be much appreciated.
Ta
Paul
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Most Cir and Pug models use the two different systems side by side. You´ll have to take a wheel off and have a look at the makers marking on the caliper.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

doh [:(] , Im nowhere near the car at the minute either, plus, where its parked at the minute I wouldnt fancy taking the wheel off, I'd probably get mugged!![B)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

If its a 99HDi it should have Girling front calipers, in which case the correct pads are N64031 (these will be Bendix branded) or N64068, if you like them Textar branded.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Nice one Jon! Hopefully mine wasnt a friday car and they just shoved on it whatever they could find at the time!
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Hmm, on second thoughts Im going to leave it till monday (not using car over weekend anyway), Im 99% certain its the fronts but it could be the rears as its discs all round, I will have a look at the weekend then Im not throwing money down the bog.
Cheers for your help fella's