Xantia intercooler doesn't fit Expert van

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Xantia intercooler doesn't fit Expert van

Post by Wookey »

Well, today's discovery is that the plausible-looking Xantia(?) front-mounted intercooler is just a bit not-quite long enough to mount in front of the expert radiator nicely. Bum. It fits in front of a BX radiator nicely, but the expert one is a bit too long and because the spigots come off pointing backwards it doesn't fit well (If they went sideways it wouldn't matter
I could try and get the right part (GBP 100) or I could some bodging and fettling.
I'm discovering that this NA->turbo upgrade is a bit of a game in that loads of ancilliarys are different. Oh well, I'm sure something can be worked out.
Does anyone else on this list have access to a TD Expert/scudo/dispatch? I'd really like to see pic of the insides to understand how the pipes are laid out.
christi

Post by christi »

I have Peugeot 806 HDI 2000 model if that is any use.
Wookey
(Donor 2019)

Post by Wookey »

It might well be. Does it mount on brackets half-way down the radiator? And is it for sale? Do you have the piping too? I'm having a bit of a game working out how the plumbing should go and need to work out what I'm going to do about the exhaust, inlet pipe and intercooler pipes, all of which seem to be different from what I have and different from a Xantia.
Wookey
(Donor 2019)

Post by Wookey »

Actually I think I misunder stood you there - you mean you have the car, not the intercooler, right? Apparently that engine is completely different, but still I'd be interested to see how it is laid out. Thing like the intercooler mounting could be the same...got a pic?
christi

Post by christi »

i mean that you can look at the car (or photos). It isn't for sale.
i live west london and work in Hatfield if you need to have a look, otherwise it will be photos
there is a big undertray though so photos of underneath won't reveal much
Wookey
(Donor 2019)

Post by Wookey »

OK - well I don't come down to hatfield very often, and I certainly won't be before I've put this one back together, so if you could take a photo of the engine bay and (if you can see any of it) the pipes going to the turbo, that would be appreciated. I really want to know which side is the intake side and where the intake and intercooler pipes are routed.