JON - Help me (cos Im being a bit Hyperthalic)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

JON - Help me (cos Im being a bit Hyperthalic)

Post by martyhopkirk »

Thick time i'm afraid.
I want to order a new driveshaft for the AX diesel (1996 1.5)
Its clunking from the passsenger side when I go round Right hand bends powering on, however once or twice I have heard it clunk under acceleration.
So my thick-o Q.
Is it the Left side or Right side I need? ( I can cope with NS & OS but is it my left as sat in the drivers seat, or my left as looking at the car from the front?)
Cheers Jon.
Marty.
beezer

Post by beezer »

It can be confusing Marty. More especially when it comes to engine bits. You look at the engine from the opposite side than the driving seat. Then you get the 'front' of the engine which is really the side on a fwd. However, with the process of deduction you will notice that most of these French cars have a long driveshaft and a short one. The long one often with an intermediate bearing so this is going to be the more expensive. You will see that with a lot of GSF driveshafts the right one is the more expensive and therefore o/s is right hand.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yep
LH =nearside (kerbside)
RH =offside
As viewed from driver's seat
So a l/h shaft for AX 15D is N43816 and the r/h is N43818. Price is same for both, despite difference in length!! [:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Thanks Jon
Much happier now! - Have printed the thread to remind me in the future when sourcing prats for either car.
Marty
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Sorry Jon - Thick Q time again...
Whats the difference (apart from cost) between N43816A which seems to be for the 1.5d and N43816 which comes up as the 1.4 petrol? Which is the bit I need for a 1996 1.5D non ABS?
Ta.
Marty.