xantia ir remote

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simony
My Cars:

xantia ir remote

Post by simony »

is it possible to replace the plip and ir receiver over to the type you can programe yourself with the two buttons in the car and use it as a "one" button or do i have to shell out £94 for a new plip from the manufactor with "one" button that they will programe to my ir receiver ,i thought that the xantia with the keypad had the programeable plip ? my car is a "L" reg with a one button plip and a keypad and alarm ,the only thing that worked with the original one button plip was the door locks and not the alarm ,dont know if it is switched off under the bonnet and i know where to find this,
the big prob is that NONE of the key work in the locks ,they go round and round and i have a broken plip so i cant lock the car !!!
help me please !
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

You should get your keys working first. I'm sure they're just mechanical, so have a look at the mechanism to make sure everything is still connected. Are all your locks rotating or just the drivers?
The early 2 button remotes were IR and the later ones (different style) were RF, so if they are compatible you'll need an early IR one.
simony
My Cars:

Post by simony »

all the locks rotate,and it is a one button ir that i had thats broke,was wondering if it was possible to change it over to the two button ir with the right parts !