Help Wanted

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

virdeea

Help Wanted

Post by virdeea »

[:(!]I have had enough of my 306 turbo HDI!! It is on a V plate (2000) and in the last 4 months it has had everything go wrong. The fuel injector pump went, the pump in the tank went, the ECU had to changed costing £1800!!![:(] One would have thought what else? After 2000 miles, the damn will not start? Everything previously done seems to be okay? But it will not fire up. Apparently there is not any diesel going to the injectors, not enough pressure. Is there anyone who could give any advice? Please get in touch. Thank you. [:)]
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you need at least 170bars of fuel pressure to start an HDi,if you are not getting this it wont even think about starting,there is a few things that could cause this but it may be a stuck injector(returning fuel straight back to the tank)& not allowing pressure to build up.
when you say injector pump do you mean the high pressure fuel pump ? why was this changed ?
virdeea

Post by virdeea »

Thanks for that. The car originally would not fire up, so it was identified that there was no fuel to the injectors, so the pump was changed (high pressure fuel pump). Than the pump from the tank was not working, so that was replaced. Than there was a problem with the ECU, which was replaced/repaired. The car went for a diagnostic test and the dealers said that the loam had gone hence no electric were working. Surprising there was nothing wrong with! If the injectors are stuck is it a big job? Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

its not a big job to replace the injector(s) but an expensive one,last i heard the injectors were over £200 each.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Or about £10 from a breakers/scrap yard :)
virdeea

Post by virdeea »

Thank you for the reply. It finally got working but would not rev up! The fault went back to the ECU [:0], which was replaced - so another one it to be put in!! And hopefully should work..