Any ideas on how to increase the PSI on my DTurbo

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Haji

Any ideas on how to increase the PSI on my DTurbo

Post by Haji »

Hey guys how do you increase the PSI in my 95 DTurbo?
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

do you mean the boost psi or fuel ?
Firstly, what turbo and fuel pump do you have?
Haji

Post by Haji »

i mean the boost psi, and to be honest with you i havent got a clue which turbo or fuel pump i have got, how can i check?
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

By increasing the boost pressure of the turbo, would you not increase the internal stresses in the engine and cooling efficiency.
I assume you are attempting to increase the performance of the engine. Improving the airflow, K&N air filter's or equivelent and cleaning the intercooler will improve the airlow into the engine.
Any boosting of the pressure to the turbo will ultimately shorten its lifespan. At a repacement cost of around £7-800 is it worth it? If you do increase the boost pressure consiider uprating the pump as well
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

This site tells you how;
http://www.johns306.com/guides/dt_tuning.htm
Make sure your cars is well serviced and in good order before attempting this. I've done the same adjustments to pugs, citroens and a Rover and none have suffered adversely and all have had a goodly increase in thrust. Chuck in a decat pipe and a reliable 115ish bhp with excellent economy s yours.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

I'm afraid adding a K&N filter will not improve the airflow into the engine, unless your airfilter is full of moss and dead flies! If anybody has any proof they do, then by all means correct me...
Here's a little experiment I did:
I fitted my boost/vaccum gauge into the pipe work after the airfilter. Now obvoiusly, if an air filter is bad, it wont flow so much air, thus a depression will be registered on the gauge. At no time wotsoever, did the standard paper airfilter cause a depression, regardless of boost and revs (theoretically, the point of maximum boost and revs will equal max airflow). No I tried the same with a K&N jobbie. Again no depression. What can be gained from this? Well, K&N filters are no better than OEM paper types. Strange? No, not really!!!
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

The OEM ones filter better, and (if you dismember one and spread it out) have a greater surface area that a K & N cone. Plus they cost only a coupla quid.