Disturbing (Kiwk Fit)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Disturbing (Kiwk Fit)

Post by martyhopkirk »

Being lazy I decided to go onto Kwik Fits website to price some tyres up for the AX (it needs 2) - I saw and advert in the paper yesterday with one of these buy one get one free offers and was trying to find which tyre fitters it was - anyway its not Kwik Fit.
But I decided to use their tyre selector thingumabob, couldnt remember what speed rating the AX tyres are (not fast) and couldnt be bothered to root out the handbook, but I do know they are 155 section tyres on the 1.5D.
Used the web page "find your car" so chucked in all the details and rather alarmingly it kept telling me that i needed 145 section tyres for the diesel.... Now how many more tyre sizes will they be cocking up?
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Told me 185/60s for the Volcane. But I'm nearly sure it takes 185/65s. And it recommended 215/45s for the Seat, which definitely sits on 225/45/17s!
I don't think KwikFit are all that bad (all of the time). This doesn't help improve their image though!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Yeh! they'er adds on TV are the best (not) I have never been dealty with in under an hour even when I'm the only customer and I certainly have never had a cup of tea either.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

The Michelin site quotes 155/70R13 on rim 5J.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The Michelin site doesnt even have BX in the list! thats when you know you are driving an obsolete motor
Stewart