Yippe! we passed

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bikeboyz
My Cars:

Yippe! we passed

Post by bikeboyz »

After 10 years off the road, the 504 passed its MOT first time, and I was able to drive it for the first time too. Wow what a magic carpet ride! Now a very happy chappy!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Congratulations!!
You have now qualified as a Nairobi taxi driver!!!![:D]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

[:D][:D][:D]LOL[:D]
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Bus driver I think, driving back through Salisbury this afternoon, every bus stop I passed peoples heads kept popping out from behind the shelter!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Its always nice when they go through, SWMBO took the Volcane a few weeks back and the tester told her, "Its a good one that look after it" straight pass no recommendations, preventative maintenance pays off.
Stewart
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Done 150 miles so far without hitch, a run to Bournemouth and back from Devizes. Very slight tap tap tap from the engine, so out with the 11mm and screwdriver and checked the valve clearances. No shims and cambelts here, good old pushrod.
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

You can't beat a good, noisy diesel. The new, quiet, common rails are all well and good, but part of the fun of having a diesel used to be the roar, clouds of black smoke, and the feeling they would happily smash through a brick wall without complaint.
I drove a 504 pick-up diesel (in orange) years ago. Slow, but unstoppable.
Keep that monster going, Bikeboyz. I'm jealous.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Well no clouds of black smoke, but I'm sure it could ram raid something. Its reasonably smooth at 55 cruising along the dual carriageway, now if only I can get the 8 track machine to work! (factory fitted option!)
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Didn't I see one on the TV tonight painted a ghastly shade of orange being used to sell the 206?
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

You sure that wasn't Judith Chalmers?
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Has your 504 got the Independant rear suspension or the live rear beam ala the estate version? Was just reading that some of the diesel 504's got the live rear axle, which I thought was a bit odd!!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

You sure that wasn't Judith Chalmers
[:D][:D]lol[:D][:D]
Actually met her once, lovely lady not at all like you would think, and a seriously funny women, probably a bit puddled after all those years in airports waiting. (never let me buy a drink all night)[:)]
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

It has rear wheel drive supplied via a diff with two drive shafts, mounted on independant rear suspension. Mine has drums on the rear though, not disc brakes which is just as well becuase the fronts are razor sharp!
Don't worry thats not a oil leak, just waxoyl. Decided to remove clean and paint the exhaust shield before fitting new exhaust, so oiled the cavity whilst it was out.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Wow, it all looks to be in brilliant condition! Fantastic stuff
[:D]
That looks familiar as the 505's rear suspension was carried through from the 504 and I've seen a few of those. We used to have 505's in the family (the 8 seater Family estates) and they ahd the live rear axle..... Didnt ride nearly as well as the IRS setup.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Yeah the two were basically identical mechanically, along with the horror of Talbot Tagora (why?) and 604.