Xantia VIN number location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AWG
My Cars:

Xantia VIN number location

Post by AWG »

I'm looking for the VIN on my 95 Xantia. I have found a plate on the RHS (nearside) of the bulkhead. There are two l-o-n-g numbers on the second and third lines of the plate with some shorter ones undereath. Is one of these 2 the VIN? If so upper or lower? They are difficult to read. Is there any characteristic of the VIN which will help me to identify it? Tis a pity I need to find it this time of year - it always seems to be dark!
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Look towards the front of the car on the nearside and you'll see it. Its almost beside the coolant tank where the wing bolts on.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

If you can't see it or are unsure, it should be on your MOT or vehicle docs.
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

Thanks for the quick replies but....
Brian M - I had found the plate but I cannot tell which of the numbers is the VIN.
tonyb1 - I need to send off the VIN due to loss of documents!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Isnt it stamped into the wing - drivers side along the top lip. I am sure it is.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Posted by martyhopkirk
Isnt it stamped into the wing - drivers side along the top lip. I am sure it is. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, that's where the stamped chassis number is.
It's 17 digits long being a mixture of numbers, and letters.
It should begin with VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] followed by the other 14 digits.
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

Ahhh - as soon as I read that I had an image of a long number in the gutter of the wing. (Might be the BX though [:D].) I'll get my torch out when I get home.
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

Thanks all - I now know what to look for and where - not what I'm used to with a car.