LHM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

LHM

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Please can you advise on the correct level for the float in the LHM tank.
When the suspension is set on high, with the fluid at the correct level, what part of the float has to be between the red marks ?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

In the case of the BX, its the flying saucer shaped disc just below the point at the top of the float.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Or check the level using your finger this way :
Release pressure on regulator, then set suspension to lowest (with engine idle on hydractive cars).
LHM level now to be max some 2" down using your finger [8D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

As the float has the shiny metal part, and the red part on it.
I assume one of these has to float, between the two red lines in the viewing tube when the suspension is set on high, and the engine left running.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Originally posted by AndersDK

Release pressure on regulator, then set suspension to lowest (with engine idle on hydractive cars).
LHM level now to be max some 2" down using your finger <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Anders is this method done using the filler hole, or does the cover have to come completely off the container to do this ?
Also releasing the pressure, sounds like you have to take something off, or apart, please explain ? [:)]
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

The disk at the top should be between the lines.
It could be orange or yellow or whatever colour plasic Citroen got hold of that week.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>

As the float has the shiny metal part, and the red part on it.
I assume one of these has to float, between the two red lines in the viewing tube when the suspension is set on high, and the engine left running.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Originally posted by AndersDK

LHM level now to be max some 2" down using your finger <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Anders is this method done using the filler hole, or does the cover have to come completely off the container to do this ?
Also releasing the pressure, sounds like you have to take something off, or apart, please explain ? [:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You must find somewhere the finger can go ! [:I]
So you take off the filler cap [8D]
Pressure is released on the regulator : a 12mm bolt (only 12mm bolt on the engine [8]) is slackened 1 turn CCW
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Be careful when sticking fingers in reservoir - the edges are sharp enough to cut you! Also, it's suffiecent to just set the suspension to lowest level (with engine running on HA cars) you should be able to just touch the oil in the reservoir with your longest finger.
//NiSk