Xantia Alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Xantia Alarm

Post by np »

Can anyone tell me where the siren is please,as i`ve had enough of it going off in the middle of the night when it rains.You can Email me off forum if you want.We dont want "lowlifes" reading this!.[:(!]
I know what the problem is,but i cant stop the little water leak.It went off the other morning at 5am,i went out,turned it off,locked the car normaly without the alarm,within 10mins it had decided to re arm its self[:(!] & go off again.[:I].But i want the L.E.D to still flash,hence disconecting the siren.Who takes any notice of car alarms anyway?Looking at the bedroom windows in our street,no-one!
Thanks
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

Hi Neil,
On most of the hatchbacks the alarm unit which makes that lovely sound, is positioned under the n/s front wing right where the wing indicator lens is. Basically you can get to it from under the wheel arch by removing the plastic guards. To remove it though you may have to remove the scuttle if the nut is seized, like my one was! Oh such fun!
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Hi Neil,
I might have missed the point, but can’t you turn the siren off whilst still keeping the alarm armed, LED flashing, by using the siren off switch (ignition key activation) under bonnet being LHM reservoir.
Cheers
Steve
brendan greehy
My Cars:

Post by brendan greehy »

the simple solution which i have done is to remove the fuse
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sbraud</i>

Hi Neil,
I might have missed the point, but canÂ’t you turn the siren off whilst still keeping the alarm armed, LED flashing, by using the siren off switch (ignition key activation) under bonnet being LHM reservoir.
Cheers
Steve
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Is this correct ?
Can you actually switch off the siren seperately ?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

No,i cant turn the siren off.Only early Xantias had this feature,mine hasn`t.
I could remove the fuse,but then the alarm LED wouldn`t work.If its flashing,theres less chance of somebody trying to break in etc.