Kent Cams for diesels ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Twiss

Kent Cams for diesels ?

Post by Twiss »

Has or does any body know if u can get upgraded cams like kent/Piper cams for Turbo diesels ?
If so Where from?
But on the other hand would putting a upgraded cam do any good in a Turbo diesel?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

The main purpose of fitting a modified cam is to get more mixture into the cylinders - this can be done more easily by upping the turbo boost or cooling the charge air, on a TD (although if you want to get the absolute maximum out of the engine - you might want to try an uppgraded cam together with other mods).
//NiSk
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

'upgraded' cams do exist!
But as i understand it there is little point. They work by having a little overlap on the strokes, which can be achieved by putting a NON turbo cam in. Then you can put more fuel/ turbo/ power through without as much risk of blowing gaskets!
Thats the theory that i've been told, but who knows if its correct!
mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

or just use the na diesel cam. its got longer duration then the turbo, but moves the powerband higher up, you will need to reset the pump timimg to get any benefit.
In fact I have done this and will be experimenting for the best pump timing soon by adjusting it at the rolling road.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I believe piper do one, though their website was slow to not working last time i googled them, I gather you are putting a hot motor together then, what are your plans?
Stewart
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

My Plans are (well hopefully)
TO upgrade my little zx Td to ...... now how can i descirbe this? ...... What was that? <--- I got to have one of those.
once I get the garrett turbo from u stewart I will send it off to be hybrided to get optimal boost and perfomance, upgrade cams if i can find any or keep an eye on Mr Bumps project to see how it comes out. have the engine fine tuned.
upgrade brakes, suspension etc.
But at the end of the day I want the car to stand out from other diesels and show some of my friends, who all own fast petrol cars that diesels can keep up with the best of them. :)
Its still really all in my head but I am getting it done slowly.
And Iam not doing this becuase it worth ti cos its not I am doing out of love for the car plus i would like to see what i can get out of diesel.
Do ulot think i need to do any thing else ?
And make her look like a volcane.
I hope ulot wouldn't mind helping me out with questions when I get stuck?