Plip Knackered???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonyb1
My Cars:

Plip Knackered???

Post by tonyb1 »

Hi all. I've given up on getting the key fob back in use through reprogramming. After many searches and various attempts, still no luck. What I have noticed is that many have said that when you hold in the button the light flashes continuously. Mine stays on for 2 seconds? (new batteries). Does this mean it's knackered? If so, can anyone tell me the best place to get a replacement that wont break the old wallet, I've tried many breakers, the main dealer is a last resort. It's a two button I/R for the 1994 Xantia LX. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
JohnG
My Cars:

Post by JohnG »

Get the circuit board out and have a careful look at the underside ,you may find that the soldered joints for the switch have
broken away(look carefully),giving an intermittent contact.If this is the case,careful resoldering should make you happy.[:)][:)]
Good luck,John.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Just searched Google for a replacement Key Fob, nothing except a site in USA that hasn't got Citroen listed as a make of car! So I'm now assuming that in the USA the Citroen is erm ..... an import?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Both my fobs do the same.Press either button & hold it,the light only stays on for about a second.
Have a look on Ebay.I`ve seen a few keyfobs recently on there,under Citroen or Xantia.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Does your one work though? Nothing on eBay, I tried that earlier, If anyone wants to part with a spare fob let me know! Chers Neil
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Yes,both mine work as they should.
Sorry,dont want to get rid of one of mine.[:)][}:)][:(][:D]As i`ve seen on here the trouble to reprogram them.