bleeding the PAS system?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Twiss

bleeding the PAS system?

Post by Twiss »

Hello everyone
I would like to know is there an easy way of changing the PAS fluid?
I don't really wont to get under the car and disconnect pipes to change the fluid but if thats the only way then i guess it will have to be done.
Thompatruck
My Cars:

Post by Thompatruck »

Having never done it on a Citroen I wouldn't know but i'd doubt there's an easier way, shouldn't be too hard though just flip the clip off drain and reconnect, refill and turn the wheels a couple of times to bleed the system, if you didn't want to go under you could probably disconnect at the bottom of the reservoir and empty, that said you'll still have to lower the pipes to drain the fluid.
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

I have had an idea if I empty the reservoir of fluid and disconnect the top pipe then connects to the top of the reservoir, then fill it with new fluid and thenm turn the streeing wheel to bleed / pass the fliud around(it should take the new fliud though the system) and as the fluid comes out of the top pipe it should get rid of the old fliud (into another container).just keep topping up the reservoir till new fluid comes though the top pipe ?
Hope i have explained that well enough?
Do u think that would work ?
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Right, to change and bleed the PAS, disconnect the hose to the PAS pump from the reservoir, empty contents, and also move steering left to right to empty system. Reconnect hose, and fill reservoir with PAS fluid. Run engine, turn wheels left to right full lock about 5 times, this will expell all the air (you will know when its done as steering becomes light again). Check the level in the reservoir and refil if you need to.