HDi Xsara estate 2000 w reg Brakes front

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simonelsey
My Cars:

HDi Xsara estate 2000 w reg Brakes front

Post by simonelsey »

Hi all , Really need some help , Past 2 years for about 35000 miles I have had to put 2 new set of discs and 3 lots of pads onto the fronts , due to drivers side(right hand side) always seems to ware out quicker , Always seems left hand side is hardly worn , has some ware discs always have slight ware also . Right hand side another story . Inner pad seems to be worn correctly , the outer pad is worn right down to a few mill ( I have kept careful eye on it )discs on right hand side worn alot. In this time it has passed 2 mots(no comments about brakes) , had the discs replaced by ATS and pads , last time I just did pads myself as cost is getting silly . It has lucas c54 calipers onit . When I changed the pads the right hand caliper piston was stuck . Eventually it moved all ok . Question is is the caliper faulty , doesnt pull under braking , doesnt pull whilst driving ,or could the flexi hose be braking up inside or is it something else , sorry about long thread it is just bugging me after sorting all other teething problems its starting to look like a good buy.
Cheers Simon
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I'd say it's too early for a w reg to have these brake problems, unless the car has seen a very hard life.
Honestly it sounds to me that you need a set of recon/new calipers, or at least have your present calipers overhauled if you can DIY.
It's very important you know the brakes are perfect.