xsara electrical snag

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lostinlincs

xsara electrical snag

Post by lostinlincs »

My good lady recently bought a 97R xsara TD 100k which has just had an annoying snag- the battery light comes on occaisionally and with it, the interior fan and rear de-mist window doesn't. Now I have a xantia and its doing something similar which I know will mean a replacement ignition switch- the q is, is it likely to be the same prob on the xsara or should i look further afield?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If you need to check the rear screen have alook in side the trim on the hatch RH side (looking to the front of the car) This is where the electrical connector is laminated to the screen. The other side is the earth. The connection some times comes away from the glass. I ended up having a whole new rear screen as the glass broke as I was checking the connectors. Could be a simple fuse but the rear de-mist fuse also controls some other stuff.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if the HRW & the heater blower both stop working at the same time then it is likely to be the ignition switch(most likely cause) or the engine running relay.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

sounds like the perculiar happenings that my old zx estate encountered... that was the ignition switch, it would come on and off as it pleased (wether key was in or not), and blowers etc failed to work, and car would fail to start... so i replaced the ignition switch, everything worked then!