problem HEADACHE plz help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

problem HEADACHE plz help

Post by 001272 »

i had ma car put on the diagnostic machine at citroen and they couldnt find any fault but the fault is there its an intermittent problem it comes and goes the vehicle jerks then stops ne ideas what it could be plz help its doin my head in???? citroen synergie 2.0i n-reg petrol
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

When was it last serviced? doesit do it when cold/Hot ? Plz if you can explain in alittle more detail.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Im no mechanic so i could be talking complete rubbish, but I owned a J-reg ZX 1.4 petrol last year and it always use to stall no matter how long the car was running and what i was doing, once it stalled on the M1 when i had to break hard cause of a HGV driver who wanted to squash me, hated the big hill coming out of college in sheffield cause it use to stall every single time, never got it sorted and never really could find a reason for it, me and 'wilkobob' messed with the idle revs and what have you (wilkobob may be able to elabroate more), a chap at college suggested it may be air in the fuel line but who knows. Just thought id mention it as it sounds familiar and im bored, and trying to increase my post numbers.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Oops, in actual response to the original question, the car did the exact same as yours, kangaroo juice i believe, hence my posting, presumably to do with it stalling as well.

Post by 001272 »

it jerks when its hot and cold but mostly when its cold! it was serviced by citroen the fuel filter was changed, the air filter, the plugs, the HT leads, the oil still no change the problems intermittent, today the car stalled a few times and a light came on with a K in it im suggesting its a engine light but its been diagnosed an no faults have been found! plz help m8
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

I think its a fuel problem but i could be wrong could try using some fuel addative in the fuel tank and/or put some directly into the fuel filter so the injectors get blasted with the cleaner.
when the car stalls does it smoke more? when starting from cold or after it stalled does it smoke and does it take while to start after stalling?
Any body else got Ideas?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

001272 / Twiss, search on the site for MAP sensor. It's the devils own no fault code not recorded problem. They are a wright old pain and give some of the symptoms you mention.

Post by 001272 »

theres no smoke at all it fires up first time! its just a pain finding out where the problem is??
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Dont ask me!!! [:)] Mez your car had a carb, which needed overhauling. [:)]
I know nothing of petrol injection systems (sorry). I have only ever owned diesel cars and petrol cars with a carb. [?][?][?]
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

As Stuart McB Siad try changing the MAP senser or at least check. It that can cause problems like u describe.

Post by 001272 »

wts a MAP sensor where do i find it????

Post by 001272 »

whats a map sensor and where do i find it plz????