ignition fault............i think

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soniceddy

ignition fault............i think

Post by soniceddy »

hi all happy new year to you all lets hope its a good one.
right got a xantia 1.9td sreg went out to it this morning to go to work and as i turned the ignition on and the heater light comes on i noticed that the rev counter needle jumped into life without me turning over the engine.it started but sounded like a tank.got it running later and it started normal so took it our and no probs got home stopped it and started it a few times then it did it again,same thing neelde going right over and starting rough,will i have to live with this has it happend to others?
any sugestions welcome
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Any fault code light on the dash?
soniceddy

Post by soniceddy »

yes stuart for a second i get the engine light flash on then off
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Well I ain't the best to advice on the Xantia, theres far more up to speed folk on here then me but, if memory serves me right, the rough running could be the car in 'get me home' mode. You get this when the battery has been off and ECU has to learn the cars driving etc again. Also it can indicate a problem else where. First thing to do is check under the bonnet and make sure all connectors are sound etc, give a clean and the re-join with WD40 or simalr. The start up and let idel. See how you get on.
soniceddy

Post by soniceddy »

thanks mate will do that when it starts up rough it sounds like when you unplug the number 2 injector lead off turn it off and then on again then it will start fine.
someone must know out there