Xantia - Faultcode reading

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IanR
My Cars:

Xantia - Faultcode reading

Post by IanR »

Can anyone suggest a link or info on the Motronic MP 5.1.1 injection system as fitted to Xantia (1996) 1.8 16v Dimension?
I have the Haynes fuel-injection book, but it's so vague as to be useless.
This model has a multi-pin diagnostic socket in the fuse-compartment under the steering-wheel. Pinout of this would be useful, as would the method of reading faultcodes.
The warning-light is staying on for 5-10sec after starting, which suggests there may be a minor faultcode. It would be useful to know what this is as the car has to go for MoT in a month or two.
The vehicle runs perfectly, so it's not a big issue but I'd rather find out what's causing it. (and I don't trust your average garage with this kind of thing, when it comes to electronics they usually tend to make things worse rather than better!)
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

No-one any ideas on this?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Warning light or STOP light?
Stop light its usuall for this to stop on untill the system reaches pressure.
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

ECU warning light. (engine with transistor "K" symbol)
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Lamba sond getting up to temperature maybe?
//NiSk
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The only way as far as I'm aware of getting the fault read on your car is with a professional fault code reader, ie not a 'Gunsons' LED type FCR.
You will be able to get it read by any competent garage who has the necessary equipment, indeed if you are anywhere near Iver, Bucks I can do it for you as I have the magic tool.
You can try disconnecting the battery for a while to 'clear' the fault but it could be useful to know what code is registered in case the problem worsens.
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

Scotland, actually.
I was thinking along the lines that maybe I should check the lambda sensor voltage to see if it looks like it's responding. It is fairly old, and might be a bit doubtful.
I've cleaned the connectors on most sensors. Methinks I'll disconnect the battery and see if it recurs.
Oh boy, another round of radio re-tuning, that's the worst of it!!