Citroen CD changer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Robin
My Cars:

Citroen CD changer

Post by Robin »

Does anyone know if the original Citroen CD changer for the XM is still available or has one for sale?
If possible I like to try and keep things original. Just a quirk of mine really.
According to my handbook it would have been under the front seat and uses a removable cassete to hold six CD's. Mind you having looked under the seat just in case there was one there and there wasn't[:0] I am not sure how it would fit anyway!!
Cheers all. Robin
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If your struggling to get the original CD changer, you can now get Sony CD changers that'll fit the standard head unit. Try this,
www.add-a-cdchanger.co.uk
Found then to be OK.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Cheers Stuart. Will give them a try. Robin
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Robin,
If its for your '97 2.5 TD Break, the changer should sit in the right rear cubby hole just in front of the rear lights. My own ('98) XM 2.5 TD Break has the Philips RC 026 CD changer fitted in that position.
//NiSk
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Shucks NiSk where will I keep the fire extinguisher and the tool roll then?
What's more important, continuous music or spontaneous once only heating?
It explains the plug that's behind the panel though. Robin
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Robin, that quoted CD player is also for the Mk1 Xsara, fitted one my self this year [8D]. You'll find loads on the E-bay just put in the model number. I paid £60 and got a free philips head unit which went back on to E-bay and I got £30 back on it [;)]. It's the head unit to changer lead that costs money. If you aint'got one fitted then Citroen charge nearly £40 for them and they are a bit harder to find on E-bay.