Which models use which engines (diesel)?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Which models use which engines (diesel)?

Post by Wookey »

Can anyone here point me to a resource which will help me work out which of the various 1.9 and 2.0 engines come sin which cars/vans?
I need a new engine for my Expert (see thread elsewhere). Candidates are the 1.9TD and the newer 2.0 HDi motors. These have been used in a host of PSA vehicles. I need to know what the set of donor vehicles and dates is, and what incompatibities there might be (e.g with my gearbox). (Is the gearbox normally different between the XUD9A 1.9 (which I currently have and the 1.9TD (is that a DW-something or an XUD-something?), or the 2.0HDi?
There are plenty of available engines, but they mostly come out of other vehicles like 405s, BX, Xantia etc. How many of these will go in the hole? I've failed to find a good on-line list with some googling., and of course I'm trying to work out the best compromise in terms of cash spent and faff of incompatible bits. e.g I expect old 1.9TD BXs are very cheap now and I assume they'd be entirely compatible, although possibly rather high-mileage. But I'm not sure about the newer cars.
thanx
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Any of the 1.9 TD Peugeot or Citroen engines will do, find out where the intercooler goes on the turbo version of the Expert, if its a production option that is.
You don't say what year it is, that can narrow your options a bit.
HDI will be too much grieff due to the electrickery.
Dave
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Burns</i>

Any of the 1.9 TD Peugeot or Citroen engines will do, find out where the intercooler goes on the turbo version of the Expert, if its a production option that is.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You can get them with the XUD9TF engine, which presumably has the intercooler fitted, but I'm going to have to do some research to find out where they put it. And what's the difference between the XUD9TE and XUD9TF BTW? I don't supose it is significant, but I'm interested.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You don't say what year it is, that can narrow your options a bit.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mine is 1997.
To answer my own original question I found two good references for engine flavours this fine document: http://www.gsfcarparts.com/downloads/citmodels.pdf
tell you which engine they put in every citroen ever.
This tells you every engine which a particular oil seal fit, and all the cars that went in. This covers slightly more than just the XUD/DW series but is still very useful:
http://www.webparts.co.uk/BGA/Buyguide/HTML/OS3349.HTM