Cold cabin in ZX TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

q_007
My Cars:

Cold cabin in ZX TD

Post by q_007 »

Hi Guys
Firstly, thanks for the advice on the dash bulbs - i can now see my petrol and water gauges in the dark :o)
I have another issue with the car. Basically, the cabin does not heat up very well. If i leave the fan off, and then turn it on, i get a blast of hot air, and then the air comming through cools down to just mildly warm.
I have bled the system, changed the thermostat (goes up to about 85 degrees) bled system again etc.
I can never get a constant stream of hot air.
Any ideas?
Q
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Start the engine from cold and with heater switched off, feel the pipes that go into and out of the matrix as the engine warms up, the water going through the pipes should heat them both up at pretty much the same rate, if they do then the likelyhood is that the flaps in the heater unit are not working properly.
If on the other hand the pipe going to the matrix heats up very slowly, and some time before the outlet pipe begins to warm, then there could be a blockage in the matrix, and may possibly have had some gobbo administered to seal a leak in the cooling system at some time.
Dave
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Burns</i>

...and may possibly have had some gobbo administered to seal a leak in the cooling system at some time. Dave<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Or you could be truly unlucky and have a Heater Matrix bypass!
Off work tomorrow and unless bitterly cold thats tomorrows job! To un bypass the Matrix and fit a new one to the AX.