C4

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

C4

Post by demag »

Saw a nice C4 tonight on display in the Saddlers shopping centre Walsall. Looks really smart. I do like the new grille treatment.
Reminds me vaguely of a smaller CX.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Was it 3 or 5 door? Either works for me and the wife (especially the wife).
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

5 door but never noticed the spec.
I was trying to see the steering wheel hub which is fixed and has quite a few controls on it (radio?) I thought it might be obtrusive but was very well done.
If only I'd got the pennies.........
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by demag</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It's a <i>Citroen</i>....
In 18 months it will be in your price range, and in 4 years it will be "free to a good home"[}:)]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Inevitably there will be a few teething troubles with the first ones produced too...
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I love the new C4, I'm a 3 door man myself - always think they look better proportioned.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Took a couple of C4's out 2 weeks ago and I was quite impressed. Very solid and well put together, nice to drive although if you like the soft controls of hydraulic Citroen's then its probably not for you. Plenty room and a good sized boot too. Controls work well and the upper models have lots of kit.
They are expensive though, the VTS HDi lists at £18k plus met paint, you can get about £2k off through a broker but £16.5k is still a lot of money for a mid sized Citroen. The lower models are a bit more sensibly priced.
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

I love the C4 also Very soon hopefully it will be selling in Australia....
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

I admit that in the dullness of most modern cars the new C4 has a little something different to it but i had a look at one last week and really didnt think that it was a sensible buy at the moment. Also the vista of black plastic inside just didnt do it for me.
Like martyhopkirk said it'll be worth pennies in a years time as new Citroens in the UK just dont hold their value.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

While at the local prison today searching for some mirror glass, I sat in a C4, and was quite surprised just how much legroom the driver has.
Normally I have to put the seat on it's longest setting, but I would have had to bring it forward two notches in the C4.
Nice looking car, strange without the speedo in front of you....
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I would have hung back from getting the Leon if I'd known the C4 was so close. But I don't think it would match the Leon for value, particularly as resale values affect the price of a company car so much.
I've driven the Volcane a bit over the last few days...still lots of fun! [}:)] The steering is still delightfully sharp, even if the ZX hasn't got the outright pace of the Seat. I've read that Citroen have gone for comfort over handling with the C4 - can anybody who has driven one confirm this?
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

The C2 and C4 are two nicely syled cars in my opinion. If I had to buy a new car I may go for either but I prefer old sh*t which is virtually free. I particularly dislike the way our Xsara drives (2001 1.4L) so maybe having a go of one would be a real disapointment.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I wounder if Citroen are going to make a Hot C4 to match the Focus RS & Astra VXR?
anno888
My Cars:

Post by anno888 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by demag</i>

It's a <i>Citroen</i>....
In 18 months it will be in your price range, and in 4 years it will be "free to a good home"[}:)]
Is it a Citroen???
What kind of suspension does it have?