Xantia Lights on Alarm / Buzzer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Xantia Lights on Alarm / Buzzer

Post by martyhopkirk »

Does anyone know where this lives - only being a bit deaf and suffering tittinus(sic)I cant hear it - however the one in the AX is like a klaxon - so I wondered if a transplant was possible?
JohnG
My Cars:

Post by JohnG »

Haynes BOL says"The buzzer unit is located at the rear of the fusebox,and access can be obtained by removing the driver's footwell trim panel from the underside of the fascia,and reaching up behind the fusebox.The unit is a push fit in the panel,and can be identified by the slots in its cover".
Tittinus,eh!.Ever worked in Jordan by any chance?LOL.
JohnG
My Cars:

Post by JohnG »

OOOPS,sorry.My BOL covers 1993 to 1998. Might give you a clue though eh?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Will have a butchers in the (very) cold light of day.... Where ever it is i cant hear it and have been known to leave the sidelights on (have a habit of driving in the daytime with sidelights on no matter what the weather).
The AX on the other hand sounds like a siren - I thought about swapping them over.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Knowing the differences between my mkI and II, it's probably in the boot!!
Why don't you just piggy back an aftermarket one with the factory one under the dash, they cost about a fiver from the boy racer shops, and might save you loads of hassle if you can't locate the factory unit. Also, being designed for boy racers, I'm sure they'll be nice and loud, geared towards max attention! Of course it will also save you leaving the lights on in the AX after surgery....