Not so good vibrations!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

anno888
My Cars:

Not so good vibrations!

Post by anno888 »

Hi all,
I have noticed that recently I get vibrations through the gear stick (5 speed) on my Xantia. It occurs between around 2500 and 3500 rpm and on either side of that the vibrtion dies away. These vibrations happen both when the car is in gear or just in Neutral. It is quite significant and the stick rattles about a bit but if I hold the gear stick quite firmly I can stop the stick from vibrating but can still feel that the gearbox is vibrating slightly.
Wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be from my quite vague discription.
Oh, one more thing. What are the best length axle stands to get for my 93 Xantia SX???
Cheers
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Is this vibration there when the car is in motion only or when stpped with the engine running at 2500/3500 rpm?
If it is with the car in motion it may be a road wheel or drive shaft issue. If when vehicle stopped then it is possibly a misfire. Robin
anno888
My Cars:

Post by anno888 »

It happens when the car is stationary as well either with the clutch in or out. I can tell that it is not a misfire. Sorry I can't explain any better. I think I have heard somewhere that it could be an engine mount. Does this sound right?