xantia dash

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tj
My Cars:

xantia dash

Post by tj »

Is it possible to remove xantia's dash to change the bulbs without taking off the steering wheel? I am not too keen to disturb the airbag if I can help it.
http://www.alllinuxcd.com
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Sorry, no. Not without breaking the trim that goes around the steering column. Follow the instructions carefully in your HBOL and all is well. Just be gentle with it and don't throw in the corner or on the back seat!! Robin
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

i have done it by adjusting the steering wheel down as low as it will go, you then have just enough space to get all the screws out holding the clocks in, i have done it twice on pre facelift xantias so it wasnt just a fluke.... you will never get all the screws back in but you can get enough in to hold it tightish
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

same here i've changed the bulbs in my xantia dash without removing steering wheel but its a bit of a bodge, as you have to force the toque driver in and as weety has said some of the screws once removed you will never get them back in, depends how bothered you are about risking a bit of damage i managed it without any but i could have easily broken some of the plastics.