205 1.9 GTI lost hose!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

derekjl57
My Cars:

205 1.9 GTI lost hose!

Post by derekjl57 »

I took a look under the bonnet of the wife's 205 GTI 1.9 last night and noticed what looked like a breather / hose attachment point with no hose on it. I'm sure there used to be one there, but is definately gone now! Its on the huge casting at the front near the oil filler cap, a spigot pointing straight up, and it has a vaccuum on it when the engine is running (I can feel it sucking my finger down). Any one got any ideas as the where its supposed to be connected to?
PS: I've tried finding a picture so I can point it out, but have failed miserably...
beezer

Post by beezer »

What year is the car? XU engine or TU? Here is an XU oil breather layout:
derekjl57
My Cars:

Post by derekjl57 »

Its an H-reg, if that helps?
beezer

Post by beezer »

Where on the picture would you say the spigot was?
derekjl57
My Cars:

Post by derekjl57 »

... I can't identify it on the picture. If you look at the oil filler (1) and come towards the front and left just a bit onto the big casting it sticks straight up, directly behind the throttle switch
beezer

Post by beezer »

Sorry to keep asking questions but does this look like the engine? This is a TU series but according to my data the engine in your wife's car should be an XU9JA.
Or this?
Mi16chap
My Cars:

Post by Mi16chap »

All Gti Models had XU engines. Not thats any help to this chap.
Your engine has the oil filler lid with two hoses on yes? There should be two, maybe one has come off.
Sometimes the connectors for the hose snap off the brittle plastic lid.
Is the spigot you are on about on the throttle body just before the big curvy silver intake seen in the pic? I think that pipe connects to the oil filler cap.
derekjl57
My Cars:

Post by derekjl57 »

Definately NOT a TU engine! The photo, however, is spot on, many thanks! It shows the hose going to the oil filler, which seems reasonable. I hope that this means that its just popped off and stuck in the mess of hoses and stuff, and hasn't been connected to something else it shouldn't....
Many thanks, the Haynes BOL was useless for this!
Mi16chap
My Cars:

Post by Mi16chap »

Found a piccy of the pipe Im on about, you can see it going from the cap to the throttle body. (Just left of the long black air intake hose running right across the engine) Hope this helps.
derekjl57
My Cars:

Post by derekjl57 »

fixed it!
the end of the hose was just trapped in amongst all the others. bit of a pain re-routing it back to where it should be though...
ps: isn't wireless ethernet wonderful, I'm typing this with the laptop perched on the wing of the car in the garage!
definately a case of a picture (or in this case 2) saying more than 1000 words... many thanks to you both for taking the time to send them.
now, what needs fixing on the xantia / landie / midget / tractor this weekend......